Today is my 30th birthday. I'm still not sure what I feel about it except that I'm assuming people will expect me to be more mature and grown-up. Well, that boat sailed long ago my friends! I'm young at heart and hear that 30 is the new 20 so I plan to re-live my 20's again! Muahahaha!
Since I'm entering this new era, I've decided to attempt a list of some highlights I've learned in the last 10 years so when I re-live my 20's I learn from my mistakes. So here goes:
Age 20-College is where you make friends who usually last forever. It's also where you make exes that haunt you forever
Age 21-Alcohol really is Satan's venom
Age 22-Saying I do-best day ever. Just remember to go to the bathroom before you walk down the aisle
Age 23-College can't last forever and even though you are done-employers are never satisfied so go back
Age 24-Having a baby changes everything. And I mean everything-body, mind, soul, home, love, and never goes away. It's the most amazing experience.
Age 25-Going back to work, even part time helps with the bills, sanity, and reminds you you still have to go back to school
Age 26-Moving isn't fun so when you find a second home be sure that you don't want to move again-and that you aren't 4 months pregnant when you do move.
Age 27-Being a mommy times two really does make your heart burst with joy. You really can handle and love more than one baby (okay I was 26 but shortly after I turned 27)
Age 28-Any chance of regrets is not an option at this point looking forward is because your kids are watching and it's all about priming them for their future.
Age 29-Dr Mommy times 3...a journey's end. There can still be goals to accomplish and set but now would be a good time to rest.
Age 30-It's a new era and it can only get better than before! Just remember that wrinkles are laugh lines, chocolate doesn't cause pimples, and if I find a grey hair at least I'm not bald.
Friday, March 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Lessons Learned and counting. I love the insight and knowing that the things that were taught and learned early on, have taken root. You express things so wonderfully. I think we all have learned and realized...over the years that Life is what you make it with God's help. The best is yet to come though and remember that those little eyes and ears are always absorbing what Mommie and Daddy do,say,think. Happy Birthday Megen....Love you !!
ReplyDeleteGeez, I could have told you all of those things and summed it up over a year not 10!!! Just kidding...you wouldn't have listened anyway! Hope that you have the best birthday ever....LOVE YOU!!!!
ReplyDeleteAll good lessons, I applaud your insight! A very happy birthday Megs!!
ReplyDeletelove you, Aunt Barb
I just want to know what happened "in between" all of those life experiences!!! Love you
ReplyDelete