Sunday, March 22, 2009

Super Special-Struper Star-Master of the Bootie Dance

We have been having wonderful weather here lately which has been great for getting the kids outside. Since we have been outside more I have neglected a few routine things inside the house. I didn't realize how much of a routine the kids have until one of them reminds me. Dominik, for instance, is usually the first as he is most definitely a creature of habit. He does not like any changes in his little world and does not mind being extremely blunt about it.

The other night as dusk was arriving, Dominik came marching into our bedroom with hand on his hip and a stern look on his face. "Mommy! I turned on the second lamp in the living room because you didn't!" I told him I was sorry but I wanted to only have one on since it was still somewhat bright enough out. However, since it was such a big deal I thanked him for turning it on. He then says, "Well, I'm doing everything you're not *sigh* I'm your Master!". So apparently I had let him down with the nightly routine but he made it clear that he was taking care of my neglegence!

Dominik also has treasure box days on Fridays at school. This is when the kids get rewarded for being well behaved the whole week. A couple of weeks ago I went to pick him up and he presented me with his choice from the treasure box. It was a pink bead bracelet that he said he picked for me!! I put it on and he always checks to make sure I'm wearing it or that I put it in a "safe spot" before bed. He says I look extra pretty and he reminds me how "super special" his gift is. I often wonder if he realizes how special it truly is that he thought of me instead of himself on treasure box day, which is why I rarely take the bracelet off.

So on to our little "struper star". I get to spend girl time with Samantha while Dominik is in school and Andrew is sleeping. Lately Andrew enjoys laying underneath a toy that plays music when he hits it. He falls asleep under this toy on his blanket normally and while on the floor Samantha takes the opportunity to dance for him with her "bootie". This usually entails some hip shakes and crazy circle motions then jutting her "bootie" out in someone's face. When I ask her what she is doing she tells me she's teaching Andrew the "bootie dance". She has been wearing these sunglasses as well and when they are one-watch out! She becomes princess "struper star" which is a little too close to striper star for my taste (especially with her bootie moves) but the right word will come in time.

So, that is the latest of my little ones. We have been enjoying every minute as usual with more to come I am sure as always!

3 comments:

  1. "Mr. Personality Plus" is what his real name should be!! So funny! And she surely does look like a Struper Star in her hip new glasses! I can't help but wonder what Andrew will be like when he's up and around with the other two...sounds like a triple threat to me! How do you get anything done with those beautiful kids to watch all day long!?

    Hugs to all,
    Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little "star" gets her moves honestly-like that of a certain child in the middle of Manchester Inn doing bootie circles on her grandmother's birthday! The glasses are for another time, I have to check with Mr. Potato Head

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Mom as she gets her free spiritness honestly. Her mommie was oh so much like her at this age. It is wonderful to watch her as she gets into her fun side. I will always remember the dancing on the steps being titled "Butt Circles" as part of her mothers fun side. Oh how we laughed....The glasses my be different but thank God the Free Spiritedness is only another version.........and I remember fondly.

    ReplyDelete