This past Tuesday we decided to go out for Mexican food. It seems lately that the kids have a meltdown every time we go so we thought to give it another try. So we were getting seated at our table when Dominik proceeds with his meltdown. He wants to sit by Andrew but it was Samantha's turn. I suppose they could be crying over who sits the furthest from him so I can't really complain. Anyway, Sam was able to remedy the situation with all the kids on one side of the table and us on the other.
When we finally got settled and ordered a man came up to Sam. He slapped him on the back and rounded next to him to shake his hand and was saying "Man, I just enjoyed how you handled your kids. You did a great job..you're a good dad!". The way he was laughing and talking to Sam I thought they knew each other. When he moved out the door Sam said he had no idea who it was. We agreed it was so nice to be complimented instead of someone feeling put out with crying children in a restaurant.
About 10 minutes passed and a lady came up to me while we were waiting for our food. She says "I just wanted to tell you, you have the most adorable kids!" Again, we didn't know her and we often get these comments when we are out but she was even there to witness the meltdown so we thanked her and found it nice again to be complimented.
Nothing lifts a parent's heart than a couple of strangers commenting on their family. It's an encouragement that when you feel like you aren't doing the right thing, someone steps in and tells you otherwise. After a time to let the compliments sink in Sam and I said "Man, we should come here every Tuesday!"
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's a nice story blog! keep up the good work you guys! I wonder what the kids would do if the adults had a melt down - probably send you to the car!
ReplyDeleteA wonderful story to blog. Like I've said you will be able to write a book.
ReplyDelete