Thursday, May 28, 2009

Princess or Mad Hatter?

We fear our princess is becoming too vocal. Lately her spats with Dominik have been increased by an even higher pitched scream. Her face tends to get scrunched into this kind of contortion that even I can't duplicate. I find it hard to not smile some because she reminds me so much of me. She can go from singing, twirling princess to the hulk in seconds. I feel that if I can't help her deal with her anger now then it can only escalate.

So, to go forward with my plan I decide I really should try to calm her down more and take the role of 'hulk constraint'. I try to hold her tight so she calms down and it mostly works...unless you are in the car. Dominik sits in the middle so he has full access to the other two. One day he got Samantha so upset her scream was like a dog whistle...high and only heard to those with super sonic ears.

I try to use my kind voice (haha) to get her quiet. I thought it was working as she stopped screaming but only long enough for her to say "I don't want to hear your boice anymore, mommy!" I tried hard not to laugh but when I see her petite face scrunched I actually just want to squeeze her instead of restrain her. I suppose that will pass in time but until then I get to hear the high octive screams, the throw-herself-on-the-floor tantrums, and secretly enjoy the show.

4 comments:

  1. If I could make up a song about paybacks, I would sing for you! She does remind me of you and poor Dommy reminds me of me, the glutton for punishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wellll, Dad held you really tight many times which worked. This does sound like a history repeat, but Misty was an instigator at times as DL is. However, watch the Littest Man, he is quietly creeping up on them. Right now he's just watching, learning and w-a-i-t-i-n-g.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot - yes, I was told to "stop starin' at me" and "you wait til Dad comes home" and screaming into the pillow only muffled the sound to a lower pitch of a high soprano

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I remember that time well. Just coming up with a solution to help you with the frustration was heart breaking. One day I just picked you up and held onto you and you calmed right down, and I was able to talk to you then. The windmill action was born during that time and it was a sight to behold once it went into action. There was a high pitched voice that was included in there as well.....so I understand the situation. Of course you did better as you got older. It was so precious to witness.

    ReplyDelete