Our first story includes the "bumps". Our little Mantha Bug is beginning to notice her dolls all have life like features. That's right my friends, the return of the brother story (insert cheers and shouts of joy). Only now she has moved on to "bumps". One day, she was playing with such a particular doll and she was removing the outfit. On the doll, it had what appeared to be a part of the plastic that was a light pink. I don't understand why manufacturers create this cover-up because it really doesn't cover anything.
As Samantha is inspecting her doll she brings it to me and looks the doll over while looking me over. She then makes a brilliant connection! "Oh look mommy! You have these bumps too!" She is so excited her doll and I "match" that she deems it necessary to touch all the bumps in the room. And of course, I was the only other doll with bumps in the room.
*So...oh, what's that? Oh, why yes, I have more to tell. No, no, stop begging please I know you love to read these (wink, wink) so I continue.....
The stumps part of this blog is one that may cause a mix of reactions. There would be the 'slap your forehead while shaking your head' reaction, the 'open mouth wide and cover it', the guffaw of 'I'm so glad it's her and not me'. So, you see I have to share this so I don't disappoint.
Again, this story involves our little princess. I'm not playing favorites, she's just been the most vocal lately...aha-ha-ha-ha you got me, she's always the most vocal! Anyway, I took my little princess to Wal-mart with me just yesterday to get groceries. She enjoys sitting tall in the front of the cart so she can be center of attention. She is enjoying the trip and is singing when she stops abruptly to point at a person with no limbs in a wheelchair. Upon her discovery she announces that the person is missing a hand (and legs, but why help her point that out?). I thought to myself someone should have given her the intercom since she so greatly announced it to aisle 5 (and yes, I'm being sarcastic *insert eye roll*).
I ignore her discovery and decide to continue my shopping in another aisle. Unaware of what is going through her little mind, I go to grab something and when I turn she is practicing holding the bread bag next to her WITH NO HAND! Now, would be the time to insert one of the previously mentioned reactions. I believe I will leave the story at this.
*Oh, now don't cry, really I do have one more!
The chumps part of this blog involves some chocolate. Now stay with me before you go grab some. It was a great afternoon at home and the kids were playing while I worked on the computer. I had also been on the phone and all I was aware of was the background noise of the kids playing. Well, what I thought were the kids was just Dominik making noise. As I ended my call, Dominik came up to me with a Hershey chocolate bar wrapper. He said he found it somewhere and indeed it was empty. I asked him if he had any of it to which he said "no". Hmmm, time to pull out my investigative skills.
I began to stand up at the same time a flash of Samantha emerged from underneath the dining room table. To my surprise she is covered in chocolate (see Exhibit A), and I believe I have found my culprit. That is until she looked at me with those big eyes and says "I didn't eat any either" (what can I say, I'm a chump for their sweet faces). She was extremely serious about this secret indulgence that I tried not to laugh. I began my inquisition and eventually she came clean-literally too. The entire candy bar was gone and at the time of the incident I found it funny, but when 2am arrived and she was still energetic I had stopped laughing.
Well, folks, that's it for today but thanks for stopping by to read bumps, stumps, and chumps (insert wild roar of applause).
Exhibit A


I see a book in the process. This is too funny and as I laugh to hard I hope to make it to the first door on the right down the hallway. Love This!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE IT......THE AGE OF DISCOVERY....A WONDERFUL TIME AND GREAT STUFF TO WRITE DOWN AND KEEP TRACK OF.
ReplyDelete