*Sigh* I promise I do not provoke my sweet children to do anything so I have something to write about. I just simply write about these fun times no matter what the embarrassment may be and it just seems to always happen to me. I mean, if we can't laugh at ourselves then we just get to watch everyone else laugh at us.
So, today I'm on the search for some frames for the kid's pictures. I had a few that were barely hanging on the wall and I thought it would be nice to have them all match too. Dominik is in school so I have my two smallest sidekicks with me. I enter Kohls which is the second store I've graced with my presence. Now, I'm not sure about your Kohls but mine has the frames right across from the women's intimates. I'm really into looking at these frames when I realize my precious daughter has trailed off....usually she stays close and I'm always on top of things. So imagine my alarm when I can't see her right away.
I call out her name in a non-frantic manner so she won't be scared off.
Nervous Mommy: Samantha...baby girl...where are you?
Precious Daughter: I over here mommy!
*I can tell by her voice that she is doing something she is proud of*
Nervous Mommy: I can't see you, where are you exactly? Don't move either!
Precious Daughter: I huggin' these brothers (boobs)! *And loud enough for all to hear*
Nervous Mommy: Who's brothers are you huggin'?
*At this point, I have seen her little shoes sticking out under some racks-no pun intended*
Nervous Mommy: Why there you are!
Precious Daughter: Look at these brothers (boobs) mommy, they are so pretty and smell good too!
So, if you can't figure out what is going on now, my lovely daughter has found the bras and is going to each one hugging and squeezing the cups. As a mommy who only bottle feeds, my best guess is she has always liked the silk feeling of blankets and such so the bras were a great find for her. As if hugging and taking time to squeeze each one wasn't enough, she wanted to wear one to the register. I'm still not sure how I got out of that one without massive screams, but she gave up and skipped up to the front with me.
Once at the register, the lady asked if we found what we needed and Samantha-jumping up and down-cries out: Yes, and some pretty brothers too! Since I had Andrew the lady thought Samantha was talking about him so I was thankful we played that one off. Shew-safe until she realizes they aren't called brothers, but good enough to have me laughing even still!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

haha! Has she been around Kay!!Good thing she didn't say she hugged and "underwire" brother!!!
ReplyDeleteI just love it, I can picture the whole thing. Sorry Megs, but I am glad you are sharing these little gems....
ReplyDeleteGood grief, Megen! Have a little pity on your poor ol' Aunt Barb! I decided in a quiet moment tonight at work to see if you had written anything new. Well of course I can't help but snort and snicker quietly but it was enough to draw people out of the woodwork to see what I was watching "on TV"!! I had no way to explain.......
ReplyDeleteThat is really funny..ah, it runs in the family! Just wait til she is older and she can go shopping with auntie :)
ReplyDelete